The votes are in for the top cruise lines of 2017! Find out who won and see the latest innovations from Royal Caribbean, and Carnival Cruise Lines newly redesigned cruise terminal at Port Everglades.
What’s new this week?
Voted the top-rated cruise lines of 2017 by Porthole Cruise Magazine Reader’s Choice Awards, Holland America, Carnival and Norwegian cruise lines were awarded a combined 22 top honors. With 8 awards, Holland America is distinguished as the best cruise line for shore excursions and spa facilities, plus its Canada, New England and Northern Europe itineraries recognized as the best in the industry. For the 19th straight year, Carnival is named best-value for the money among cruise lines, best cruise line for teens, best nightlife and most eco-friendly cruise line, among other titles. To top it off, Carnival’s private island Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas was voted the best in the Caribbean by magazine readers. Norwegian earned the titles of best cruise line for solo travelers and best cruise line for short cruises. The brand’s Hawaii and Bermuda itineraries were also recognized as the industry’s best. Finally, the Norwegian Escape was named the industry’s best large ship.
Royal Caribbean is changing the game with new innovative technologies to keep up with demand from its Millennial and Gen-X cruisers. Royal’s innovations represent a combination of technologies including facial recognition, RFID tagging, GPS mapping, and Bluetooth-enabled beacons. In addition, the Excalibur smartphone app will make check-in a fully integrated and frictionless process. The cruise line plans to outfit these technologies fleet wide by 2019 and establish a new “norm” among the cruise industry.
Carnival is also appealing to guest experience and satisfaction with the recent completion of its multi-million-dollar redesign and upgrade at Port Everglades. The cruise terminal used exclusively by the Princess Cruises name brand now features a streamlined departure design, interactive experiences, a movie theater and expanded pre-boarding areas. With excellent photo opportunities and picturesque views of Fort Lauderdale’s Intercostal Waterway, the newly completed cruise terminal immerses cruisers in a more personalized and hassle-free vacation experience.
Royal Caribbean – BOGO Offer
- 50% Off Second Guest + Kids Sail for Less
- BONUS up to $100 to spend at sea
- Ends DEC 8
Celebrity Cruises – Season of Savings Event
- One FREE perk + savings for first and second guest plus 50% off third and fourth guest Choose from, Classic Beverage Package, Prepaid Tips, Unlimited WI-FI, or $150 to Spend Onboard Book a Suite and get all four perks!
- BONUS OFFER up to $400 to spend onboard!
- Valid on select sailings from Dec 2017 to April 2019
- Ends DEC 3
Celebrity Cruises – New Experiences in the Old World
- First two guests receive FREE perk Choose from, Unlimited High-Speed Internet, Classic Beverage Package, Prepaid Tips, or $300 to Spend Onboard Book a Suite and get all four perks plus a beverage package upgrade! Plus 3rd & 4th Guests in your stateroom Save 50% OFF BONUS OFFER up to $500 onboard credit!
- Valid on sailings from December 2017 to April 2020
Ends DEC 3
- Cuba Sailings Now Available!
- Carnival Cruise Line – Autumn Chill Sale
- Celebrity Cruises – Season of Savings Event
- Holland America Line – New Signature Experiences
- Norwegian Cruise Line – Free at Sea: Hawaii, Free at Sea: Five Free Offers
- Royal Caribbean – Buy One Guest, Get one 50% Off, Set Sail in 2017!
Orlando Travel Company has hundreds of groups traveling across several major cruise lines. Contact our travel agents today to see if there is an existing group booking that falls over your travel dates so you can take advantage of special group incentives and discounted rates.